Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Basics

Dean and I (Meredith) are biking from Yorktown, VA to Seaside, OR for our honeymoon. Here is the route we're taking:

Click to enlarge image

Dean and I got married on December 4, 2010. The honeymoon is a bit delayed, but bicycling across the country in January seemed like a cold, bad idea. Here's us on our wedding day:


That's before we got dressed for the ceremony, obviously. But he's rocking his Cherry Blossom Bombshells t-shirt, so I had to post it. Plus, it gives you a much better idea of what we look like normally. Here's one of us all fancy for the wedding:


I'll post photos of our bikes and such once I have some.

We plan to start in Yorktown, VA, very near where my parents live. They might bike the first few miles with us, and meet us along the way. We will go west to Missouri (via Kentucky) then cut north through Iowa. In Wisconsin, we'll start heading west again, along the Northern Tier Route, then we'll head south to Portland, across to Seaside, back to Portland, then fly home.

We plan to visit on the way:
My parents
Sapna
Teri + Alex
Heather
Snake Bite (Erica) ?
Joy

I'll post soon about our bikes and gear, and how the preparations are going!

2 comments:

  1. oh please add me to your visits along the way! We'll be living in Seattle by then and I would love to see you both before you head to Portland. I'm so excited for you both! xoxo Slick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Right now we're not planning on going through Seattle, but Dean and I were just talking last night about a possible route change to take us through there. He has a family member living there. It will probably depend on how close we are to schedule. If we have extra time ('cause we're just so fast), I'd LOVE to see Seattle and visit with you! I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the offer!

    ReplyDelete