Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gear!

I know I'm posting a lot today, but I want to get some basic content up. Plus, I'm excited!

So, let's talk gear. Here are the things we are bringing with us:

BIKES
1986 Miyata Six-Ten (Meredith)
2009 Jamis Coda (Dean)

BIKE EQUIPMENT/ACCESSORIES
Aero Bars (Dean only, b/c Meredith hated hers and has removed them)
Back Racks
Front Racks (We still haven't figured out how to attach mine)
Fenders
Headlight/Tail-light
Bike Computer
Water Cages
Panniers (front and back -- Dean has Ortlieb, I haven't bought mine yet)
Spare Tubes

OTHER EQUIPMENT
First Aid Kit
Bike Tools
Patch Kit
Tent
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads/Bedrolls
Chamois Butt'r (to prevent saddle sores)
Sunblock
Halt! Dog Repellent
Bungee Cords
Hydration Pack(s?)
Water bottles
Extra spokes
Chain links

CLOTHING
SPF-protective shirts (Meredith, 2)
Padded shorts (2 pair each)
Shirts Anita gave us (thanks!)
Biking Shirts (2, Dean)
Sports Bras (2, Meredith only)
2 non-bike outfits
Regular Shoes (1 pair ea)
Bike Shoes (1 pair ea)
Socks!!
Sunglasses
Bike Gloves

OTHER
Basic Hygiene Stuff (toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
Snacks/Gu
Wallets (w/ID)
Netbook or Dean's phone (to update here!)
Camera
Books? Kindles?

That's all I can think of right now, but there's probably stuff I'm missing.

2 comments:

  1. Bug spray! Yes. Definitely forgot that one. I don't think we'd considered baseball caps, but we'll definitely want something like that to keep the sun off. I also forgot bike helmets. Duh. :)

    ReplyDelete